Individual's Soulmate Experiences
This introductory material discusses SoulMates from the perspective of current literature on the subject. Different types of romantic relationships have different interactions between couples depending on the lessons that both partners need to learn. The interactions consist of karmic, dharmic, and twin flames. There are common NDE truths about relationships when comparing NDE accounts. We have included several quotes from contributors regarding love, relationships, and spiritual growth. These quotes are used to form a preliminary definition of Soulmates, which is 'a loving relationship manifesting spiritual growth.' Click here for Article (English), Cliquez ici pour l'or article (Française).
'We're Done' Can be Predicted Before 'I Do' - 8/19/2004 - learning how to deal with conflict is the key to a successful relationship.
Love & Respect by Jody 8/4/02
A Review of the Study: Respect in Close Relationships: Prototype Definition, Self-Report Assessment, and Initial Correlates, J. Frei and P. Shaver, Personal Relationships, 9 (2002), 121-139. Here is a quick, review of an insightful study on respect and how it figures in relationships. Interestingly, marriage counselors hear about the two main issues in a marriage as being love and respect, but respect and aspects of respect have never been scientifically studied or defined until now. Click here for Article
|FUNNY FACT In the 1500's most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May and still smelled pretty good by June. However, they were starting to smell, so brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.|
Here's a Great Relationships Story!
A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks right to the top, rocks about 2" diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full? They agreed that it was.
So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them in to the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. The students laughed. He asked his students again if the jar was full? They agreed that yes, it was.
The professor then picked up a box of sand and poured it
into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He
then asked the students if the jar was full? They agreed that it was. He
proceeded to pour a cup of wine into the jar and shook it as the wine slipped
between all the sand.
"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children - anything that is so important to you that if it were lost, you would be nearly destroyed.
The pebbles are the other things in life that matter, but on a smaller scale. The pebbles represent things like your job, your house, your car.
The sand is everything else, the small stuff. If you put the sand or the pebbles into the jar first, there is no room for the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your energy and time on the small stuff, material things, you will never have room for the things that are truly most important. Pay attention to the things that are critical in your life. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal."
Take care of the rocks first - the things that really
matter. Set your priorities.
The rest is just pebbles and sand. And remember, there is always room for wine.
If you have or have had a soulmate or core cluster soul group relationship (Please e-mail Jody your contribution):
These SoulMate Submissions, as all others we share, will be presented to fully protect the confidentiality of the experiencer, if requested. We do not believe these changes will diminish our understanding of SoulMate Relations. We do believe these changes are necessary for the integrity of NDERF.
Soulmate Experiences and Comments:
Sally L SMR
12/23/16 Now, I never considered Tom as my soul mate until somewhat recently. I have had many issues throughout our marriage. Depression, alcoholism, and much worse. He has stood by me through it all. One day, as I was feeling particularly insecure, I implored him to tell me one reason why he loved me. He said, "I don't need a reason. I love you because you are you. Unconditionally." He has said we are soul mates. This is a strange thing for him to say as he is a very practical and scientific person.
Soulmates through thick and thin.
Judy & Mike 7/21/11
I first met Judy at a church dance in 1960 she had asked me to dance while I was
holding her in my arms during this slow dance I had a very strange feeling as if
I had known this person before. After the dance I asked if I could walk her home
as we talked along the way every thing about her seemed to be so familiar, it
was wonderful to hear her voice and see her smile, after we reached her home I
asked her out and told her how I felt that I had know her all my life she smiled
and replied that she somehow felt the same. (Judy was fifteen and I was sixteen)
after our first date I was in a very happy stat of mind and told her before
leaving that I thought one day we would be marred she replied with a big grin
well we'll see. One year after high school graduation we were married, we have
been together ever since to old souls who found each outer at a tender age.
Soulmates who recognize each other very young.
QDO SMR 6/11/11 The
Native American man led the way through my two-room space, as if he knew the
layout, and motioned for us to sit on the floor in a circle and he took out a
peace pipe. I was waiting for them to explain who they were and why'd they'd
come. He lit the pipe and they all smoked from it. I refused when it came my
turn and the man kept pushing me to smoke. The young man laughed and that pissed
me off. I remember giving him a wicked look. I smoked and the Native American
man said, "Remember him." And I woke up so confused because I thought I was
A NDEr who had many precognitive dreams of her soulmate prior to meeting him.
Michelle SMR 5/6/11
then found myself somewhere else, and that's when the main "thing" happened.
"He" ran to me, he didn't have a face that I could see but he had a lean
athletic form. "He" ran into me and we became one and then I felt something I
have never felt before...strong vibrations...I didn't want for it to stop. I
loved him and I didn't want for him to leave. My entire body vibrated and I can
not ever explain the feeling to anyone. I do not know how to explain. He then
went away. I felt myself go back into my body. Then I left again. I started to
chase a form & I "heard" or understood a voice that told me not to follow him. I
remember some time during this I felt very scared. I was going back into my body
& that is when I saw my face. I saw my face like I was another person looking at
me and I went back into my body. I then felt the strong vibrations again. I can
not explain how they felt...there are no words...I know I felt peace.
Felt separated from body. Frequent vibrations. Felt she met herself in a different form.
67. Julie M SMR 5/5/11 I met my husband 7 years ago in college. He's from Oregon, I'm from Maine. My husband was free to attend any college of his choice, the small school he chose was sort of on a whim. I chose the college for financial reasons. I didn't fall in love with my husband at first, in fact he sort of irritated me. We would hang out as friends, but I didn't want a serious relationship. My husband and I grew closer as we went through the school year. As summer loomed closer we knew we would be saying goodbye. Neither of us wanted to attend the same college the next year. My husband went back to Oregon, I stayed in Maine. We talked everyday, both of us felt profoundly alone and lost without the other. After a month apart, I bought a plane ticket to Oregon. My husband and I have been together ever since. We have had many exciting experiences together, hiking some of the Appalachian trail, working on an organic farm in Idaho, living in Washington DC, touring Italy etc. We are expecting our first child in June. We truly inspire each other and are stronger in this life because we have each other. We face the everyday stresses and major tragedies of life together, it makes all the difference. We are a team.
Olivia & Rich SMR
Hi I met Rich when I first came to Ohio. We were so in love we adored
each other. But some how we lost contact for 15 years and I got married.
My husband and I was together for 10 years then he passed away. For 5
years I didn't date because I was afraid of being hurt again. But 2010
my son and I went to Wal-Mart and I saw Rich my soul mate. We hug as if
we didn't want to let go. He then gave me his phone number and said call
me I will always love you. I was afraid but I called 3 days later we
talked 20 minutes. We didn't talk any more for about 2 weeks and this
was in December. But at 1:45am New Years day I got a call to meet him
for breakfast and we have been talking and seeing each other every
sense. He keep telling me how much he loves me and I already know I love
him he said to me Baby you are my Soul mate.
Back together after 30 years.
65. Mike & Noelle SMR 11/29/10 The greatest blessing and miracle of it all...While I was still in the hospital a month after the accident, I desperately needed to leave the hospital to travel to a relative who was in a life-threatening crisis but I was told I could not go unless accompanied by a doctor or nurse so I prayed for to God for a nurse to become available and assist me in my travel....Well guess what? I found one or should I say God sent me one and..... and we fell in love instantly, were married a couple years later and now my "nurse" Noelle is my wife and we have a blessed beautiful little boy named Alexander.
You can read Mike's NDE by clicking the purple link above.
64. Chris SMR 11/26/10 I was talking to my husband of 1 year about how odd our meeting was. I was 48 years old when I met him and I had been divorced for 3 years. As soon as I laid eyes on him, I KNEW he was my soulmate. He didn't utter a word, he hadn't even looked at me, but a bolt shot through my body & I knew I had met the only man I've ever really loved. I went into the ladies' room & said several prayers asking God to help me figure out how to meet this man! What is this??? I never understood such thing could be possible, and then I read about this on your webpage! I am astonished. For a long time now, I've wondered why I was struck SO hard, especially at my age! My husband didn't recognize me as his soulmate, although he was attracted to me & we had a long conversation. It took him a bit longer to recognize me, I guess, but within a couple of dates, he knew as well.
63. Crystal G SMR 11/20/10 I had moved to Oklahoma to go to college in January of 2003. My father had always lived there and I had these grand ideas of how close we would be if I lived closer to him. Unfortunately, I ended up feeling rejected and being the loneliest I had ever been in my entire life. I was waiting tables while going to school and when a new girl started we became friends very quickly. On St. Patrick's day, even though I was already in my PJ's with no make up on, she convinced me to go to a party with her. I don't know why I went, I was never a social butterfly. When we got to the parking lot of the apartment where the party was being held the first thing I saw was a guy standing under the street lamp and messing with his cell phone. I directed my friends attention to him, he was unlike anyone that I had ever seen. Like something was pulling me to him. My friend knew him and introduced us right away. We spent the entire night talking to each other. We found out that he grew up an hour and a half north of where I had, his parents had the same first names as my mother's parents (weird) and he had been dragged to the party as well. That night when it was time to go we exchanged information and promised to see each other the next day. His best friend at the time still loves to tease him about their ride home that night. He told him over and over that he knew he was going to marry me. And he did, not quite 8 months later. Our families thought we were moving too fast, that we were too young, and had no idea what we were doing, but we just had our 7 year wedding anniversary and couldn't be more in love. I didn't believe in love at first sight until I met him...my soulmate.
62. Casey SMR 10/22/10 Six months later, after two years of interviewing and job hunting, I was finally offered a job and jumped on the opportunity to get away from a bad work environment. That's where I met him. From the first time we met, I knew there was something very special about him. I enjoyed our conversations so much. We ate lunch together almost everyday. At first it wasn't physical attraction or romantic. We were just instantly best friends, kindred spirits.
61. Angel & Glenn SMR 09/25/10 On April 21,2010 Glenn and I reconnected again through Face book and When I received that Friend request from him I couldn't believe it was really him, I cried so hard when I seen his picture, especially when he told him how could he forget me after all I was the one who visited him most after his surgery back then. I told him that night how much I had loved him all these years and he felt the same for me and we both decided we wanted to be together and we've been inseparable every since. chatting on cam/voice or on the phone or through messengers. On August 5th 2010 he moved from Georgia to Tennessee and came and got me and We've been together and so very happy every since, and it's living proof that A first love does last forever...
60. Kristin & Matt SMR 07/17/10 I moved to Florida when I was 22 to help my parents through a divorce. I was having difficulty finding a job and applied just about everywhere I went. I finally took a job waitressing at a Bennigan's even though I had been offered the job there two weeks prior. I rejected it then because the manager said they were not very busy and he couldn't offer me a lot of hours. However, it was the only thing available after endless searching and something kept telling me to go back. It was as if I were being "called there" and perhaps that is why I could not find another job. . . .
59. Amanda G SMR 06/27/10 I've known my soulmate almost my entire life. A young man that used to sit behind me in Elementary School (3rd Grade to be exact) would look at me and say "you're gonna be my wife one day" of course he had no clue what a wife was...In short, we lost contact for over 30+ years. He looked for me, found me, and we're getting married this year. I am completely in love with him and am happy that he never gave up on his childhood love.
58. Gayle SMR 01/26/10 Two years later my son and I, along with my childhood friend, unexpectedly found ourselves at a mutual friend's house. The three of us were instantly attracted to one another. My little boy, who was very standoffish with the men I had dated after divorcing, immediately climbed into his lap and called him daddy. A year and a half later we were married; two weeks after the wedding, my husband adopted my son.
57. Jenna SMR 01/09/10 I met Chris in 2004 right before my NDE. I knew I liked him, but could not see past myself. We stayed friends and I floundered through some bad relationships. Well, 2 years ago I got a divorce which to me was it!!! I dated but I never found someone I liked. I always found something wrong with them. I was talking to Chris and we decided to get together. (We had decided to do it before several times but for one reason another it did not work out). As I drove to his house I told myself that this would probably be like all the past dates and not to get my hopes up. Well, as I pulled up to his house and saw him I had the most amazing feeling inside. I knew that I never wanted to be without him again. He was home. I cannot describe the feeling at all. It is so sweet and gentle. We had talked before this and we just thought that it was amazing that we had lived in the same places at the same time on a few occasions. We went to the same High School, we lived In Dallas, Texas at the same time and even in Florida at the same time. We are best friends. I feel a completion that I have never felt before and I know my search is over. It's amazing.
56. Crystal & Tommy SMR 04/24/09 While I am young (just 20) I have been lucky enough to have met my true soulmate almost 2 years ago now who I have the most incredible, amazing magical connection I ever dreamed possible with someone. I am a very deep soul, and so is he, and we had both dreamed about exactly what our soulmate would be like 7 years ago, and we were the person the other was dreaming about all those years ago. It is truly incredible! I have been with him for a year and a half now.
Donald S SMR
I met my soulmate when I was a handsome young
lad of fifteen, selling mistletoe at a shopping center. That's what we called
them before the term Shopping Mall was coined. She walked past me and I knew
in that instant that she was different from any girl I had ever met. It was love
at first sight. I sold her a baggie of mistletoe for her phone number. I knew
that she was a girl who I would love and hoped that she would love me in
54. Rita B SMR 03/08/09 I love your website and enjoy reading it. I would like to share my story of how I met my husband, whom I know is a soul mate. It was June of 2000 I first meet my husband in a dream. The dream was very intimate. I saw just his eye's and we shared a kiss. That is all the dream was....a kiss. I woke up in love with the man in this dream. I thought about him every day until the day I meet him about 3 month later. It was a day I had off from work, However, I was asked to go in. After work my friend asked me to go out for a drink. I wanted to go one place she wanted to go to another. She won so we went to the place she wanted to go. I was there for about 30 minutes and in walks the man from my dream. I was stunned. My heart raced and I told my friend that the man from the dream I had told her about 3 months earlier just walked in the door. I finally went and introduced myself to him. We married in February 2001. It's now been married to him for 8 wonderful years. He is truly my soul mate.
Peggy & Jeff S SMR
Three years after I began the process
to look for this man, a woman came into my life, and we got into this
conversation that had been a yearly discussion for me. I told her my story, and
I told her who I was looking for. And she said she knew this man and would
introduce me to him. . . When we met, it was gradual and instant...gradually
knowing this person again and instantly recognizing that this was the person I
was looking for.
Wonderful story with an NDEr and a soulmate - just in time for Christmas.
52. Brynda SMR. 6/19/08 I went to shut off the computer and suddenly his chat popped up, he said "Hi Beautiful" . I was so excited. We chatted for a couple of hours and when I had to go to bed I said "Teach me a beautiful word in Hopi". There was a pause, then came back the word "Ladimina". I asked him what it meant and he said "Bright Star"!!!!!!!!! Again, bout fell off my chair. Our liaison continued for a week or so, then morphed to phone conversations. Everything was as if we had known each other forever. 2 weeks later I went to meet him in Flagstaff, AZ. We had planned to just meet but it was so amazing I followed him to his house on 3rd mesa and spent the night. 1 week later he said I love you. I am a complete commitment phoebe but I blurted it out too! **It was at that point that it had been 7 months since I had heard that and that he was the 4th guy I dated since the divorce!
Original in Spanish, translated to English by Rio.
The figure on my right, who was guiding
me, stopped and I could not see his face and as though we were at a small,
enclosed beach, there was a hill that served as a place for projecting my
life from beginning to end several times. At first rapidly and afterwards
more slowly. It was amazing how my life was shown with events I had
completely forgotten about and others that were so insignificant that it
felt like I was seeing each frame of the personal movie of my life on
earth. I realized that I understood
everything with a great clarity and super-lucidity I had never experienced
before. I discovered that I had personally chosen to take on a physical
body and have the life experiences I was having. I realized I had wasted time in
suffering and what I should have been doing was using my freedom to choose
true love, and not pain, in all that came into my life.
Exceptional NDE! She met her twin flame too!
50. Lisa R SMR. 1/31/08 I had no idea the things that where happening where pieces of a puzzle falling together that would change my life forever. I spun around and hit his leg with mine. I began with the I'm sorry looking up to see what was hidden under that hat. Holding my breath, I saw his eyes fixed on me, finally unhidden. The structure of his face was strong, sexy and his smile captivated me. He was and is so charming. It was if we where the only two people there. As he looked at me his eyes took a soft warm shape. He was reading right into my heart. He reached his hand out over mine completely covering it. Gently he lifted my hand to his lips and softly laid a kiss there. Lost in this moment I was hanging on every word he said " Its a pleasure my lady." Chills ran over me. It took me a second to comprehend I was holding my breath. We saw each other over the next few months and found that we where so very much alike. The time that I spent with him never seemed to be enough. I will never forget the first time he said he loved me.
49. Koren SMR. 9/13/07 In time, my soul mate returned to New York. We made a series of trips back and forth across the Atlantic: me to him, him to me, and why should we be thwarted by a big blue ocean? I had never felt that way about anyone. And he confessed the same. He said from the first instant I had opened the door on our first meeting, he knew I was the woman he had been waiting his entire life to meet.
Marie O SMR.
I knew the
marriage was doomed and I was coming to terms the idea that I would be leaving.
About this time I was at my sister's house in another town. She had a pool in
her back yard with patio lanterns across the deck. Lots of people have those.
This day there was a knock at her door and she said, "Oh, that's Ashley, our
neighborhood computer programmer. He's good looking." As she went down the
stairs to answer the door I peeked over into the stairwell to get a look at this
guy. Hmmm, not bad. I didn't think anymore about it.
Prophetic dream about her soulmate.
When I first met him, I could see a
white light surrounding him and was overjoyed to see him. This was
ridiculous in the earthly plane because I did not know he was a teacher,
or would be my teacher, and he seemed too humble to be a college
teacher, but he was. I believe another teacher that he was good friends
with, had recognized the soul mate syndrome, because he introduced us
and told me that it would be good for this teacher to have me as a
student because he was losing faith in what he was doing because of the
changing personalities of the younger classmates coming in. So, I went
in to this soul mate relationship on earth believing I was helping
guiding and supporting this teacher, who turned my life around and gave
me courage to continue on when my life was unraveling.
Two soul mates that are part of her soul cluster group rather than romantic soul mates.
Dixie E SMR.
One night my girlfriend &
I were dancing in a nightclub where lawyers hung out--a long haired,
offbeat guy came up & started talking to us. We ended up giving him a
ride home. Lo & Behold, 5 years later, it turned out that was Peter, the
man I met at the theater. We have now been married 20 years. Every day
is amazing, despite ups & downs financially. We've traveled to Scotland,
Iceland, Germany, Austria & are utterly blessed to have found each
other. There are so many "coincidences" of times we could've met but
didn't just yet.
This story is a must read! What an amazing set of universal coincidences!
45. Rick B SMR. 6/16/07 I just had to share this with someone that believes and understands! I met My soulmate 10 years ago, bye chance on the internet. I wasn't really looking for anything and she wasn't either accept for someone to talk to and listen and maybe help with some advice seeing how we were both in bad marriages. We did become involved and no matter how we tried to fight it we just couldn't. We both began divorce proceedings and when I separated from my wife we had an agreement that I would have custody of my two year old son. To make a long story short my wife used my son against me as leverage to stay with her so I was forced to send my soulmate away. I was devastated but I had to do what was best for my son. Ten years passed and I never heard a word from her until last November when I got a message on MySpace. All it said was I just wanted to say hello and let you know I am ok. I was floored because I felt in my heart that she hated me. I wrote her back and I was amazed to find out that she was almost at the end of her divorce proceedings just as I was. We are together now and will marry in July of 2008. The chances of finding your soulmate are so slim but to lose them and then get them back to me is truly a miracle.
44. Roxanne SMR. 5/14/07 I'm 45 years old, and for years, I never forgot a boy I had gone to school with. It seemed that he was always around from about 1st grade on up, but once in high school, I never saw him again. I always remembered him though, as this "nice boy". I always wondered what happened to him. But, I didn't know why I felt this way over all these years. A few months ago, he found me on MySpace. I never would have thought this man would've remembered me as I was so shy and quiet back in school. I saw his picture on MySpace, and I knew who it was, I was so excited. I felt like I had found my long lost friend. We communicated over the internet for a couple of months writing each other everyday. Finally, we met for lunch. It was strange how he seemed the same as he was way back in school, just as I had remembered him. Since, we have met a couple more times, the emails are constant. We are both still in awe over all this. I am like a carbon copy of him, and he a carbon copy of me. We've shared so many stories with each other, memories of elementary school, our past relationships, our interests and dislikes. Just in the short few months, I believe he knows me better than anyone ever could. Our love for each other is so strong. A bonding developed immediately, and it just keeps getting stronger. I believe both of us has tried to come up with something, anything, to blow the soul mate thing out the window, but, we are both convinced this is what it is. We will never loose each other again, we are planning the second half of our lives so we can be together. I've always been so shy, but not with him. He is mine, and I am his. We have no secrets, no lies. We both believe it's meant to be. Roxanne
43. Michele T SMR. 3/11/07 In 1989, when I was 23 years old, I was going to a college in RI for Culinary Arts. I was lifting a bus bucket and my disc was ruptured in my back. I was in pain for an year. I finally went for surgery to have the disc surgery, I had to drop out of my classes which I only had two weeks left to graduate due to a Professor would not let me take the final early. When I did return after 3 months of rest, I also return to work. One of my classes, Western Civilization started at 6:30 in the morning. I was working till 11:00 at night so I changed the time of the class. My future husband also changed his time and was in my class. After a month and a half of looking at me across the room, he finally sat next to me. We are not in the restaurant business anymore and I think the only reason we went to the school was to meet. We have been together for 17 years and married for 10.
42. Geri SMR. 3/6/07 We came back together the next day, realizing that there was something very deep between us, but that we realized that it was more spiritual than anything else. We were not lusting after each other, it was more like a very deep love. I felt like he was my brother (hence, twin soul?). People that we talked to would ask "so have you known each other for a long time?" and we would say "no, actually we just met yesterday." When we parted that afternoon after the conference was over, I felt a great pain, a great wrenching pain in my heart. We hugged goodbye. I felt like I had waited my whole life to see him again, only to have to say goodbye after two days. I cried on the way home. I felt like I was saying goodbye to part of myself.
41. Anna SMR. 3/4/07 We erupted in odd conversation about our highest passion immediately... the other employees just looked at us and walked away, not sure what to think. The job didn't matter, who was there didn't matter, what day of the week didn't matter, what I was wearing didn't matter. I felt totally seen by him. I felt naked in the sense that he saw me, and I relished in it. He was looking at me the same way. He was chuckling, laughing...like he knew! That made me so nervous. I felt like I was high. I was not acting as I normally do. I was almost having an out of body experience because I was observing myself, truly amazed in my behavior. I wanted to take his hand and walk out of there and start our life, our passion, and start doing what our purpose is on this planet. What we are here for. we finally found each other.
He said that we belonged together.
When he disclosed this information, I felt overwhelmed and found it
difficult to believe. I had a NDE myself around the age of 10, so I
believed his experience. However, not ready to hear such a story. More
than anything, I fought it. As friends, he always reassured me that he
will always be there for me. He said, "One day, you will come home." I
thought he was crazy and really puzzled at his confidence. Though we
didn't stay in touch the whole time due to my serious relationships,
once a year, he would call or we would go out to eat. He would tell me
that he loved me and that he is waiting for me to come home, yet knowing
I am not ready. This went on for 9 years and the whole time, I was
afraid. Recently, I ended a 2 year relationship. The instance I was
thinking about him, his best-friend called me. I answered the phone,
instead to hear his voice on the other end. I felt overwhelmed, feeling
as if he just read my mind. He came over and we went out to eat the very
same night. I told him that I wasn't looking for any relationship at the
39. James' SMR E092606 11/11/06 This is sad to explain since I have yet to find her since the experience. If anyone has had success reconnecting with a lost soulmate, that would be a pleasant and uplifting thing to hear about. I was sitting in a bank parking lot. I and this woman turn and looked at each other at the exact time. We both smiled and locked eyes. She and I were completely paralyzed and motionless. I felt my spirit leave my body and meet hers about midway. I saw our spirits spinning together and at that time I could literally experience her. I knew what she was feeling, thinking. It was the greatest moment of joy I have ever experienced in my life. We both were very shocked and shaken up to say the least. For some reason I cannot remember what she looks like in my memory other than that I have always been attracted to woman like her - brown hair, petite, shoulder length hair, etc. Unfortunately, we were to shocked or shy to introduce our selves. Does anyone think we may reconnect someday? My heart cries out to find her everyday. Maybe she will stumble on this. Thanks James in Flowood, Mississippi
38. Rich & Martina's SMR. 7/29/06 I feel not only that we are soulmates but ultimately one soul. I love her more than any one man could love another woman, she is my everything, she consumes me and completes me. I am grateful for every moment spent with her and I look forward to our life together with assurance that we will be together forever and an understanding of what it truly means to be a soulmate in love.
37. Mary & Richard's SMR. When we finally met face to face the love was even deeper as though we had known each other all our lives and beyond. We spent every day in each other's arms, talking, loving, and sharing dreams for our future. He had to leave for four days to attend his son's wedding in CA and when he returned, he was sick, we thought with the flu. By January, he became much worse and very large lumps appeared on his body. January the 20th he was diagnosed with cancer, our lives were shattered. I cared for him around the clock, never leaving his side and March the 25th he passed on. What is so strange are the dreams we both had before he passed away. Mine have continued since his passing. Many strange things have occurred in the physical as though they are messages from him.
36. Jenny's SMR. We talked about it, years later, and he had felt the same way the first time we met. He had felt an intense attraction to me that was completely unexplainable. When we are in the same room we are unable to stay away from each other. I can remember times when he was physically ill at the thought of us being separated, breaking up, for many days until I went to him. The same for me. I think about calling him, pick up the phone and realize that it is ringing and he is on the other end. There was a time where he went into a period of intense sadness and depression; and no one could reach him, one night he disappeared. I remember being on the highway, and just thinking that he needed me... so I turned around (over a median) and drove north on the interstate, got off an exit, and went to the train station. I jumped out of my car, ran onto the platform and sure enough there he was- and he did need me. He said later that he had been thinking about me the whole time...
35. Devyn's Soulmate Experience 2/14/06 Ever since I was a young child I knew that somewhere my soul mate existed and we would have the opportunity to meet one day. I had the feeling that he was many miles away and for some reason I always sent protective energy to him to keep him safe, even though I didn't have a clue who or where he was. Many years later, through a series of odd events, we met at traffic school of all places. From the first moment I saw him I sensed that we had a connection unlike any other I had ever felt before, different than life-long friends or even blood relatives. I found out later, he had felt the same strange connection. We had great conversation for the entire day and when class was over, I didn't want to leave his side. It was like finding the match to my memory card, the missing piece to my puzzle. We shared so many beliefs and traits, and at the same time, he was more of how I wished I could be and vise versa. He gave me his number so I wouldn't feel pressured to give mine and said that if I called it was because I truly wanted to talk. I wanted to call him that very night but I held off for fear that I may seem like some crazy stalker person. It was hard waiting so long but I called him the very next night and we've been inseparable ever since. We are about to celebrate our six year anniversary and the bond we share couldn't be more amazing; it only seems to become more "in-tune" with time.
34. R.E.R.'s Soulmate Experience 1/10/06 We looked at each other; our eyes locked. ( I recognized the eyes from dreams as a child). I swear I saw electricity in the air around her. She was lit up like a Christmas tree. The flow of energy from and to each other was incredible. It scared the hell out of me and later I found it scared her as well. I avoided her like the plague. I had to sit at the same table and would sit several seats away. She thought, I thought she was weird. Then we had the "finale" for the weekend.
33. Barry L's Soulmate Experience 12/20/05 As life would have it, she has nudged me; pushed me; guided me; aided me; given me no choice but to go straight through the pain in metaphors representing past traumas. I have done the same for her; she just has had so much less than me to process. We have always, in the past, nurtured each other spiritually; having the same religious beliefs and precepts has allowed us to journey together the sacred path.
32. Iris' Soulmate Experience 11/27/05 There was a dart board in the corner and one night there were five or six men playing darts for drinks. I walked over to watch them and saw this nice looking young man standing before the board getting ready to throw the darts. All of a sudden as I looked at him, there was a great voice inside me that said" Oh, there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you." I was really shocked and didn't really know what had happened, but I looked at him again and told myself that he was most likely a sugarcane farmer with a fat wife and half a dozen children.
31. Kammy's Soulmate Experience 11/19/05 We instantly struck up a conversation that lasted about 3 or 4 hours (time seemed to stop), and it was during this conversation that something happened. Something in his eyes literally "flashed" at me for a split second, and it was a split second of pure recognition. I saw timelessness in his eyes, I saw him as an old man, just for a nanosecond, and I knew he was "the one." It's like his eyes had a life of their own for that instant. It's hard to explain beyond immediately recognizing what his eyes revealed to me. Like he had been wearing a mask, and for that moment, took it off, to reveal his identity. We instantly became a couple. There was no awkward beginning, it was seamless. I am constantly amazed by the love we share. I have always had a hard time sharing deep feelings with romantic partners, and I haven't told him about the flashing of his eyes yet, and the recognition I felt. I now realize that I have to tell him this immediately. I have been planning to tell him, I just haven't done it yet. He has told me he knows I am "the one." It's really amazing!
30. Lise G's Soulmate Experience 11/9/05 My name is Lise, and nearly 2 years ago , I e-mailed you about this man I met, and just "knew "he was my soul mate!! I asked for well wishing , hopes and prayers from all those who would understand , in this man recognizing me, too. Well, I want to thank all those who answered with all positive hope! I am blessed and most grateful, for this man did just that , and we were married in June 2005 ! It has been bliss, and I wish love , hope, and happiness for you in your lives. We are both still in awe of this recognition ,and appreciate every moment of our lives!!! Thank You So Very Much!! God Bless!!
29. Katie's Soulmate Experience 9/3/05 Katie's NDE I first encountered my soul mate/twin flame 7 years ago. I dreamt of this man from the age of three or four and as soon as I met him I knew who it was. I loved him the second we make contact, and I would do anything for him. Even at that point I loved him more than I loved anyone, my family, my closest friends. Everything about him was exactly the same as how he had always appeared to me. Not appeared in a physical sense, I never visually saw him in dreams, it was more of an understanding of his soul, his essence....but he was just as I was expecting him to be. Even at such a young age, I knew I was going to meet this man. I knew he would be very spiritual, warm ,gentle and kind hearted. I also knew that he would be much older than myself. I even knew the outcome. That he would become gravely ill and that I would take care of him up until his death, which was exactly what I ended up doing. We had a shared NDE ( no.622 on the NDE page ), we shared dreams, said the same things at the same time, go to call at the same time, had numerous signs and coincidences even though for the most part we were 300 miles apart. We liked the same things, had the same opinions, same character traits. When he got ill, although not as severe as his, I experienced many of his symptoms even often when not knowing he was having them. For example, when an acute attack of pancreatitis came upon him, I got aching pains in this region. When he felt sick, I came over nauseous. When he was upset, I'd intuitively know , sometimes even spontaneously cry myself and phone him out the blue, sometimes at 2 or 3am...and I was always right in doing so. Even after death for a good 12 months we still had an incredible spiritual connection. I had strong, lucid dreams of him and ADC's in many forms. I woke up the exact moment he died ( as soon as I'd woken I knew what had happened) , I had lights flickering, TV's switching themselves on and off, pictures moving....too many things to mention. It's stopped now because I'm having great difficulty in moving on and I think in a sense his continued contact after a point was making it impossible for me to let go which I know I must do, but I know even still that he's always around me.
Twin Flames. by
In The Second Moment After Forever, I discovered the fire seeped into every
crack and design. It could not be stopped by my will as was once naturally
expected since we were emerging away from the source of our Power! I
simultaneously saw ourselves being spit up into many candles of light, male
and female. We were becoming Individual Souls. We had tried to stop this fire we
had felt was an accident. It was no accident, but we had no memory to remember
that. We were only trying to protect ourselves and this beautiful shop. We had
been One and now we must split; and yet still desire to keep some semblance of
Cougar saw himself and his soulmate created as individual beings.
27. Jessica's SMR. 5/29/05 I will be traveling to Germany next week to visit my friend. I have always felt like he was my soul mate, but I also felt I was cheating my husband by saying that about someone else. I thought it was terrific to read the other stories on your site. I know my soul mate and I will probably never marry or have children together, but the connection we have is so much more than most people could ever understand. He completes me.
26. Penny's Soulmate Experience 2/24/05 15 years ago I was invited to a social (dance) at the local football club. I was sitting with my sister and brother-in-law and just happened to look across the room when I both saw and felt (at the same time) a man dancing with a woman. He looked up and when our gaze met we smiled at each other as if we were old friends. I had never experienced that feeling in my life before, although having now had children and knowing what it is to truly love another person I now understand it as experiencing a great love and warmth towards someone whom I had never met. We have been together ever since. I don't know whether it was what people call 'love at first sight'; all I know is we belong to each other ' we always have and we always will.
Love at first sight!
25. A.A.'s Experience 2/18/05 I noticed it was all darker than usual. At the same time, I heard him say "it's so dark, I'm not here, what's happening? Is it because of the dark?". I felt extremely surprised because I thought I was dreaming, but I understood that I was awaken and he was feeling the same. He said "the air we're breathing, is getting heavy, and we're getting "light" (low weight)". I was thinking exactly what he was saying, and later he said that everything I said too, during that experience, was exactly what he was thinking. We were connected, we were the same, it was this what we concluded later.
Soulmate experience that is a cross between and OBE and melting into each other.
24. Pam's Soulmate Experience 2/14/05. For me, meeting a soul mate is a feeling of being totally comfortable with who you are in their presence. We have an extraordinary level of communication but we can also just "be" together without even having to talk. It is not a physical experience although passion is definitely present. But lust shifts the focus to a physical thing. When you are with your soul mate it is more to do with the essence. It is as though everything gets reduced to an essence, a single potent concentrated drop. And you recognise that essence in each other.
23. Brian's Soulmate Experience 1/16/05. I am 55, happily married to a wonderful woman, and we have a great life and three terrific children. Through a relationship at work, I have met a woman, 18 years my junior, who has become a great friend. It has developed into such a strong bond, one that I've never had with another person. There hasn't been, nor will be an affair, as we have both agreed my wife and family are too important, as a matter of fact, my relationship with my wife has never been better, and I am open and honest about my new friend. But we agree on almost everything, both lost loved ones to cancer years ago and have both received many "signs" and coincidences, which we share. Our mutual attraction is far beyond anything we have every experienced, our emotions seem to be totally in sync, we think alike, and have developed a deep love. For years I have had a dream, with someone calling my name very sweetly, but never recognized the person. I now realize it's her voice. But I had the dream before we met. We also have had coincidences related to us and our lives that are far beyond chance. Further, my wife seems to have a bond with her as well, and has said things about her and our relationship that are uncanny in their accuracy, without me having told her. My wife also seems to totally accept what we have, which is not typical, especially with a younger attractive woman. I want to emphasize again that my relationship with my wife is unbelievably good after 30 years of marriage. I have been attracted to other woman in my life, but figure it's normal, and just go on with my life. I have never had an affair. What do you make of this? Why would it happen in my life now? What next? How does this relate to what you know about soulmates?
What is interesting is that I think that you, your wife and you are all from the same 'soul cluster group.' Our work verifies Michael Newton's book, 'Journey of Souls.' You all connect on a soul level. I think there are probably many more trios like yours out there, but that our traditional nuclear families and other religious upbringings, and other cultural reinforcements make it difficult for such deep bonding to occur. I also give kudos to your wife for not being jealous. She is a much more evolved being than most where the soul recognitions supersede earthly bonds. If you don't mind, I'd like to anonymously post your account to the soulmate stories.
What next? Draw on the support from your soul group to help others. Whatever it is, a true soul calling would mean that it takes all three of your energies to fulfill all of your life purposes. If this relationship is as you say, then your group would have a large soul calling.
23. Daniel C's Soulmate Experience
4/30/05. And if you were to consider the universe as a blanket, It seemed as if
I made a small cut in the fabric of time and space and poked my head through. to be greeted by another soul. and
I remember feeling my soul physically come out of me and her soul did the same and we meet in the middle and entangled for what seemed like an eternity.
Shared Soulmate experience.
22. Carolien S's Soulmate Experience 3/15/04. From Holland. The week after, he had to leave by train to Germany in the weekend but he was coming down with a cold, which is not handy when you need to audition for a major part... So I offered to give him a small reiki treatment. I stood behind the couch with my hands on his head and he almost fell asleep. When I was done he turned around and sat on his knees on the couch, facing me. He described how it had felt and before I knew it he bent over and kissed me. I didn't want to hold back any longer and I just kissed him back. He took my face in his hands and carried on while I felt warm flutters and sparks shooting through my body.
21. Mariette's Soulmate Experience 2/2/04. I saw a man standing next to a door, he looked at me with brown, enormously loving eyes that were absolutely radiant. He looked and smiled, laughed and shook his head, like "you're not supposed to be here". I felt some kind of kinship with this man and felt completely loved by him. . . . The man who was standing there I believe is a man I met in 2002. He's the same age, same color of the eyes, same height. I feel he is my soul mate.
She collapsed, had an out of body experience and met her future soulmate. Original in Swedish Mariette's SMR
20. Jean G's SMR. ENGLISH 11/23/03 Intriguing thoughts on soulmates based on his own
experiences of sister soulmates and a twin flame.
ORIGINAL IN FRENCH Jean G's SMR.
19. Bob C's SMR Poem. 11/7/03 Eternal Companions
18. Dave's SMR Poem. 11/7/03 MY SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS FIND YOURS (for Janet)
Dave Woods (Soulmate) "My Spirit Will Always find yours" .wav with music
17. Yvonne's SMR. 11/7/03 I just met my soulmate, finally, at age 64. He is 66. We felt the universe suddenly open up to us as if someone pulled a string and the curtain went up. It is a spiritual awakening for both of us.
16. Brian & Miranda's SMR. 9/22/03 But if I could feel her, than she was real. It was like she knew this and was giving me some kind of confirmation. So I started towards her, she started towards me and when I finally touched her it was the most marvelous thing I have ever experienced. I put my arms around her waist and pulled her close, she wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head on my chest. I could feel the weight of her body leaning against mine, the light pressure of her arms around my neck even her hair in my face tickling my nose while I was breathing. Life has never been this real. And all I could think was YES YES YES!!!!! This was real and I will see her again. I have never felt happiness to this degree. NEVER!
Love transcends death! Of interest is her description of what it was like to die and what happens afterwards. She also promised to be with her beloved when it is his time to leave earth.
Kathy O's SMR.
9/21/03 I was
being pulled toward this being that was the color of royal purple. I heard a
name of this being (Kevin) and I heard the olive green being say to me
telepathically 'This is the one you will be with next'. I thought to myself '
you want me to be with my ex-brother-in-law ' that was the only 'Kevin' that I
knew at that time. As this being drew closer it realized that this was a
different person. When we embraced it was so wonderful. It felt like 10 billion
fireworks of love energy exploding all around and in me. Pure ecstasy. It was
Love unbounded. That is the best way that I can describe it. Nothing that we can
experience on earth even comes close to this feeling. I did not want to let go
of this being. (When I get back 'home' I can't wait to embrace everyone).
These experiences have many different aspects to them. She started as a child of age 6, and the experiences continued. The most amazing parts of these stories are the descriptions of the other side, the soulmate story, and the soul contract of trying to help her first husband find God.
14. Marie's SMR. 9/15/03 When I was 17, I started having these dreams about this wonderful person. They were odd dreams though. I would essentially find myself in a dark room (that's the best I can describe but it was more just like darkness) and he would be in there. We would have wonderful conversations and I loved him from that moment. The odd thing was I knew everything about him from these dreams including how many brothers and sisters he had and that he was two years younger than me, but I could not make out his face.
SMR is a dream come true!
13. Contessina's SMR. 7/4/03 When I met him, I was completely spellbound. I said, mentally to him, with a great cry from my inner being, 'Once, a long time ago, we were the same person. Then something terrible happened and we were torn apart and we have been trying to get back together ever since!' He said aloud to me, 'I can see your whole life, but you're not ready for it, yet.'
She describes being one part of a two-part soul.
James B's SMR
English expanded version,
The thought came to my mind
telling me that we are all inter-connected, we are all as one, part of the one
great big plan. We are all linked in spiritually! WOW! I thought. Then he told
me that I had to go back because there was people who needed me. He told me to
wait for little Pebbels, that he had given her to me before we walked this
Earth. That we were placed on this earth on the same day. He told me that she
was my soul-mate and would be along soon. He also told me to wait a few day and
I would receive a letter in the post from the people that had made me hurt so
This is a NDE-like event where he was told about meeting his soulmate. He did meet her just as he was told. He also came back with some unique paranormal gifts.
Steven B's Experience.
10/3/02 I absolutely
knew I had left the physical world and had left my physical form, as though
there was a wall (not a physical wall) between my current state and my former
physical state. I knew that I was not a great distance from my former state, but
was separated from it. The 1st thing that came to me after a while (I have not
sense of how long) was an overwhelming sadness, because it occurred to me that
my leaving my physical form (my death) would bring great sadness to my family
and those that i loved, this knowledge that my leaving would bring great sadness
to their lives made me very sad. We
have been together for over 24 years now, more in love than ever, with eternity
still to come. Two more items of interest. About a week before that cold
March night, I had a dream that woke me up from a deep sleep. A dream like no
other dream that I ever had before, or ever since. It was short, with no
dialogue. I was sitting at an outdoor caf'; it was late, maybe nighttime, with
a heavy fog in the air. The silhouettes of two people were walking towards me.
I looked down to read the paper and felt the presence of one of the persons
sitting down at my table. I looked up and it was Mary Alice. It was if
this dream was a harbinger, a sign of thinks to come."
This is a unique blend of a dream and an OBE. There is also a woman on the other side that could be his soulmate, higher self, or a member of his soul-cluster group.
10. Melanie's SMR: I have an experience to share: First off, I have learned to relate and respect cluster groups; I have a memory from before I was born, and remember being a part of a "circle of souls" so interconnected and intertwined that we did not seem to think much of our own consciousness--then my consciousness developed awareness and I remember two beings giving me a "preview" of my life before I was to be sent to earth--they showed me something like a mirror or a curtain, offering pictures of the earth and showed me my parents and then told me there were certain lessons I needed to learn, though I certainly don't remember what...as I've spoken to psychics, they have often commented seeing these two presences next to me...Now I am having a soul mate experience with someone who is afraid of commitment. It's very painful because he doesn't realize it yet, though I do--hopefully he'll come around...anyway, the interesting thing about this is that I remember him, its as though he's "come back"--its the most profound experience! 6/20/02
9. John & Mary Alice's SMR. English expanded version, French expanded version "
8. Sherry H's SMR/ADC. "He looked up and saw me, his expression was pure amazement. The most interesting thing about this experience was that I could feel his emotions as though they were my own. He came towards me and I to him.. he picked me up and swung me around saying... 'I love you, I love you, I love you.'" Series of ADC dream visitations with several family members. Illustrates the spectrum of connections between family members in this life and the next. This account is also part of the After-Death Communications Website at www.adcrf.org. 2/22/02.
7. Q's SMR. " I have always remembered being in "Heaven" before the descent into the physical form. There was someone there with me. (Spirit.) There was an immense amount of love and energy flowing though us. We were being separated to come into the world in two different forms." Twin Flames SMR with pre-birth remembrance.
6. Jennifer's SMR. "I met my soulmate (and there is a difference to me between the two of them) in August 1993 in Idaho at the family cabin on a lake." SMR with past-life connections.
5. John & Ellen's SMR. "Our meeting was chance (outward appearance) and I knew the moment I laid eyes on her that I was falling hard."''SMR Romantic Soulmates. This is such an inspirational and loving account, even after many years.
We have been together for over 24 years now, more in love than ever, with eternity still to come. Two more items of interest. About a week before that cold March night, I had a dream that woke me up from a deep sleep. A dream like no other dream that I ever had before, or ever since. It was short, with no dialogue. I was sitting at an outdoor caf'; it was late, maybe nighttime, with a heavy fog in the air. The silhouettes of two people were walking towards me. I looked down to read the paper and felt the presence of one of the persons sitting down at my table. I looked up and it was Mary Alice. It was if this dream was a harbinger, a sign of thinks to come."It is always inspiring to read accounts with so much love and a hint of soulmate remembrance.
Paul Francis SMR. "Rita is
my ex wife and now a good friend. I
wrote the following poem for her. "
3. Julie's SMR. Amazing account of learning lessons and overcoming obstacles - with love as the ultimate lesson. Karmic Soulmates Turned Dharmic.
2. Robin's SMR. "Soulmates, perhaps, come from our more intimate "core" group. Several years ago I met another woman. There, too, was an almost instant recognition that this person was important to me and I to her. She is also married. Our relationship is really the opposite from my "marriage." I would describe us more in terms of the Twin Flame you mentioned." Two Romantic Soulmates At The Same Time.
1. Rich B's SMR. "Your article touched on some understanding I derived from my NDE. The concept of soulmates or helpmates was something I came back with although I thought it was an original idea unique to me." NDEr Returns With Soulmate Truths.
Copyright1999 by Jody Long and Jeffrey Long, MD