There have been a number but I will describe the two most profound:
The first was recurring over I think a year or so when I was approximately 6 yrs old so 1971-ish. I remember my age simply because of my bedroom decor. The location was my bedroom at night. The same thing would happen , I would in the night wake up" and roll out of my bed tumbling onto the mat at the end of my bed above me was the hatch to the roof space, and in front the bedroom door recess, I did not like looking there as it was dark and bad. In my room it was my room but not my room it was altered ( I will do my best to describe this but it is hard to put in words) it was sort of grayed out , misty, there were things hanging down from the ceiling like wisps I guess like invisible ribbons of gauze that felt like a forest to me but the gauze was not feel able. I would walk through it trying to find my way to the window.
I was not alone. I could not see anyone as such . I vaguely recall I would run my hand along the frondsback and forth until I got out to by my window, again very illogical simply because the room was not large but somehow it felt like the size of a wood. When I got to my window I would open it and climb onto the window sill sometimes I would just step out and fly around the school field that we lived at the back of. Then I would come back and just wake up
I had this experience so many times there's hints of memories of differing aspects. Sometimes though I do remember being extraordinarily afraid of the space by my bedroom door I am not sure if this is of relevance.
The second type of experience was definitely partly I guess induced. It was 1979 in about the spring I was 14 and there was a craze at my school of inducing fainting to each other (when I look back I shake my head and wonder why! ) I was one of the volunteers for this . It was in my Classroom during a morning break . My friends all gathered round and I had to breath very deep and very fast about 20 times , then one of them put her arms around me from behind and squeezed just around my chest/waist tightly while I held my breath. Next thing the consciousness disappears away. I was aware of being laid to the ground, next thing . Wham I'm up in the ceiling looking down on myself near the door and I can see everyone looking at me and chattering about me being out cold, giggling etc. it was a very strange and very positive feeling I recall, I liked being up there and seeing the scene below. I was aware it was happening. I wanted to float higher and out around
next thing I remember sort of being sucked back and coming round. That is about all that happened.
Over the years I have I know had many small experiences, but these two for me are the most memorable to write of. On a couple of times , I have experienced consciously a rush of wind sound in my ear and a tremendous feeling of being pushed out /or in my body which has wokenme.
I have rarely shared these experiences simply because I think most people will think I'm nuts. I have no idea if they all connect with what you look into but if they are of use to you I am glad. I do know one thing , for me they only seem to happen when I have in my life some form of particular type of stress, whether it be emotional or physical. I cannot predict when it happens, and strangely I miss the experiences too, as during them there really is an indescribable serenity albeit that visually what's happening should be scary.
Please include your gender, current age and highest levels of education. female 46 yrs, Degree
Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience? none
Were you knowingly attempting to end your life? no
3.Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words?
some aspects of the experiences are, yes
If yes, What was it about the experience that makes it hard to communicate? there's just not a way to describe precisely the visual of what I could see into words for the recurring experience when I was young the memory of it is almost photographic
4.At the time of this experience, was there an associated life threatening event?
If yes, describe. no but I was at the time undergoing some emotional stress , in fact on all the occasions I was experiencing stress in some kind of way.
5.What was your level of consciousness and alertness during the experience?- it was quite hard to express, its both conscious and alert but serenely dreamy, sort of like how I felt when I once had some IV sedation when I had a tooth taken out ( sorry is best way I can describe it)
Was the experience dream like in any way? yes they were kind of dream like but they were not quite the same, its somewhere between the two being awake and being in a dream
6. Was there any medical evidence of cessation of breathing or heart function? no
7.Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? I am not sure what you mean but if you mean was my personage as such different to my physical body , the answer would be yes I didn't as such have a body
If yes, describe your appearance or form apart from your body. I could see through my eyes only , I was weightless and maybe possibly the only word I can think of is ethereal
8.Describe in detail the events (in order) that happened. as described above
Please include your feelings, if relevant, to events you describe in your answers to the following questions.
10. Did you hear any unusual sounds or noises? no
11. Did you pass into or through a tunnel or enclosure? If yes, describe. yes , like the ethereal forest I describe above when I was 6
12.Did you see a light? If yes, describe. I don't recall so but there was an end to get to , to me it was the window and the moonlight
If yes, describe. Where were they? sorry cant describe it was long ago and I only recall that there was something there, I used to think if I remember right of them as like angels in the forest
Did you know them? they felt familiar
What was communicated? that I was being looked after
14.Did you experience a review of past events in your life? Describe
in detail. no review of past life
Did you learn anything you did not have previously know? Please provide details. yes- sorry I cant really explain this well but I guess in some ways it placed inside me for whole of my life an understanding of there being more than just what we see.
I was very young when this first occurred so I cant say I knew much before then anyway.
Did you learn anything that helps you live your life now? yes, that there is more than what our minds consciously see, and that we are all connected- don't want to get to sound weird here but that's all I can say, somehow we all are and sometimes we can connect with others more easily in a different way.
16 Did you see or visit any beautiful or otherwise distinctive locations levels or dimensions? If yes, describe. no not on these occasions but I did like the forest
there are definitely levels by the way, but I cant tell you how I know this.
17.Did you have any sense of altered space or time? yes , there is no sense of time or space, space is all around you
18. Did you have a sense of knowing universal order and/or purpose? If yes, discuss and share what you came to know. yes , sorry I cant verbalize this , its just something inside me I know with absoluteness and I feel, sometimes I have been able to convey it through touch( cant believe I'm confessing this)
19. Did you reach a boundary or limiting physical structure? no
I haven't but I know there is
If yes, describe. Did you cross the boundary? If yes, describe. If no, did you have a sense of what would happen if you did cross the boundary?'- yes if I cross it for me I will not be able to return. The boundary is not meant to be crossed alone. I can look into it and beyond, I can remind myself of it, but I cannot go there yet until its time, still have a purpose here first .
20. Did you become aware of future events in your life?
Not through these exact experiences per say
If yes, describe. Based on your life following the spiritual spectrum experience, how accurate was this awareness?
21. Were you involved in or aware of a decision regarding your return to the body? If yes, describe, including your emotions at that time. yes I was and I really didn't want to go back, I guess that's why I am not to cross the boundary
22. Did you have any psychic or paranormal gifts following the experience you did not have prior to the experience? If yes, describe. ok this question surprised me, actually yes ever since I was 6 and the first time I have been able to see and feel things and do things. I really don't talk about this much at all because it used to make my family feel uncomfortable. I have been able to do things like tell my brother what cards are in his hand one at a time, tell my mother who was phoning when the phone rang, actually I can do that a lot. I have seen things when I touch or talk to people that are specific my friend mentioned he had an old house I could see a man in the window with a hideously burned face, my very straight friend lost his color because there had been a fire in the house some 50 yrs prior and a man had burned and been left hideously disfigured. When I visited the property that was Elizabethan I felt things and at one point had to leave the house because the presence of something bad was overwhelming. There were lots in that house I felt and asked him about.
I often feel things in houses or about people , sometimes surrounding.
I am also generally have a sense of what is going to happen in situations
(my partner who does tarot says my card is a high priestess whatever that means he had a major near death experience that has massively changed him by all rights he should not be alive of all the people I have ever met in my life there's something extraordinary about him . He knows it he doesn't talk about it , he just says he guides people to find what they need. For me he says, he just keeps me safe and I am meant to be there for him. :))
23.Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the Experience? If yes, describe.- I was too young when it first happened to have any really before
24. How has the Experience affected your relationships? Daily life? Religious practices etc.? Career choices? I have always struggled to have good relationships, often felt different and misunderstood, I've generally just got on with life and have been often described as a maverick. My career has been spent with a conviction to change and make a difference in others lives, and I have been fortunate enough to do so significantly. I am a RN by profession and a Operational Manager of care facilities by career, I have been able to help others learn how to deliver excellent care in the elderly, confused and dying substantially and I am passionate about what I do. I have considered myself a Christian , but its never entirely fitted , these days I simply accept there is a spirituality that is of light and dark.
25. Have you shared this experience with others? If yes, What were their reactions? Were they influenced in any way by your Experience? How? yes on rare occasion, more so when I was young i.e. kid /teen , but it just lead to people thinking me a little deluded so I stopped. I have shared it with a handful of others as an adult mostly as a response to them sharing something similar for themselves. On those occasions two vicars decided my experiences where both demonicand also prophetic- I have no comment on this but yes I've at times felt both sides of the coin. The other two who have both experienced a passing almost into death by being on life support we feel nothing but an affinity that needs no words
26.What emotions did you feel experience following your experience? to be truthful its so long ago I cant remember what I felt immediately after and to say anything would be possibly inaccurate.
27. What was the best and worst part of your Experience? best is the sense of peace, worst is the being pulled back and the dark corners
28. Is there anything else you would like to add concerning the Experience? no sorry its not just one experience its a combination of a few and if I could do it at will I know I would.
29. Following the Experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? no
30. Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your Experience? pretty much I just wish I had words to be able to explain more of it , but I don't, as so much of it is feel, sense and intangible, I guess it is different for each person
31. Please offer any suggestions you may have for these questions to help us understand spiritual spectrum experiences? maybe it is worth asking people if they feel a sense of connection to anything, if they have a sense of being joined and if they can feel this since and when they focus on it?